en

St. John the Baptist and St. Nicholas Church

Nysa , Ks. P. Ściegiennego 5,
www.janchrzcicielnysa.pl
janchrzcicielnysa
nysajan@opole.opoka.org.pl
tel.: 77 433 33 84

The history of the St. John the Baptist and St. Nicholas Church and parish dates back to the 13th century. Back then, it was located in the Old Town. In 1663, it was demolished and the Prussian fortifications were built in its place. In 1770, it was rebuilt in the Baroque style in the district of Średnia Wieś and connected to the parish – the St. Nicholas Church which was also demolished. Since then, it has been the St. John the Baptist and St. Nicholas Church. In the 19th century, it was developed in the neo-Baroque style. At that time, a building of the parish school was also built. In 1900, the church was extended by a transept and chancel. In front of the church, there is a statue of John of Nepomuk dating back to 1773.

Recommended trips

8:00 h 16.8 km

Trail of Blessed Maria Luisa Merkert

Blessed Maria Luisa Merkert was the foundress of the order serving the sick and the poor. The trail refers to the places where she lived and, together with the nuns, helped the sick and those...