It was built in the years 1784-1788, along with the St. Dominic Church. The initiator of the construction was Bishop of Wrocław, Philipp Gotthard von Schaffgotsch. The Dominicans managed the monastery and the temple until 1810. As a result of secularisation, they were forced to leave the buildings. Back then, the monastery was transformed into a hospital. The building was developed in the Classicist style. Now, it is the seat of Collegium Medicum.