The gate tower, which was a part of the city fortifications from the 14th
century. It was built
in 1350 in the Gothic style. This is a four-storey brick building. It was elevated in the 16th century and developed in the 19th century. In 1922, in a niche above the entrance a Renaissance statue of the Lion of Ziębice was placed – legend has it that it was the trophy of a military expedition of the Nysa townspeople to Ziębice in 1489.