en

Ziębicka Gate

Nysa , Bolesława Krzywoustego

The gate tower, which was a part of the city fortifications from the 14th century. It was built
in 1350 in the Gothic style. This is a four-storey brick building. It was elevated in the 16th century and developed in the 19th century. In 1922, in a niche above the entrance a Renaissance statue of the Lion of Ziębice was placed – legend has it that it was the trophy of a military expedition of the Nysa townspeople to Ziębice in 1489.

Recommended trips

5:00 h 4.8 km

Trail of temples of Silesian Rome

Visiting Silesian Rome, as Nysa used to be called in the past, allows us to move back in time and during one day admire the temples built in various architectural styles. Out trip starts on the...

6:00 h 10.7 km

Trail of Nysa castles and fortresses

The trail is perfectly suited for a day-long hiking or cycling trip. We start and finish our trip at the St. Hedwig Bastion. Still in the centre, we may admire the buildings of the Bishops’...

Get app