en

St. Catherine Church

Złotogłowice , Złotogłowice 171

The history of the church dates back to the 14th century. Originally, it was built in the Gothic style, and in 1591 it was extended by adding a square tower. The tower is topped with an attic. On top of its pointed roof, there is a flag with the date 1591. Inside, there are two bells and a mechanical clock from 1906. In 1904, the church nave was demolished and a new church was added to the survived tower. The temple is fenced by a wall with a Baroque gate.

Recommended trips

4:00 h 5.4 km

Trail of of Remembrance and Gratitude

The route starts on the market in Nysa and leads to the Złotogłowice Grove situated away from the town. We start from the Baptistery at the St. Jacob and St. Agnes Basilica, which, after the...

2:00 h 2.0 km

Trail of Jerusalem Measure

The Jerusalem Measure was the way covered by Christ from Pilate’s House to the place of crucifixion. In this case, Pilate’s House was identified with the town hall being a symbol of power....

Get app