en

St. St. Roch and Sebastian Church

Nysa , Aleja Wojska Polskiego

This is a branch of the St. Elisabeth of Hungary Church in Nysa. The temple is of votive nature. It was built after the thirty years’ war, when famine and plague spread in destroyed Nysa. In order to stop this epidemic, the people went on a pilgrimage to the St. Roch chapel, then the disease has gone and this event was considered a miracle. To thank for this, they built a church and its saint patrons became St. Roch and St. Sebastian – saint patrons protecting against diseases. The church was consecrated in 1653. It was built in the Renaissance-style with a cross plan. Currently, the church is closed due to its poor technical condition.

Recommended trips

4:00 5.4 km

Trail of of Remembrance and Gratitude

The route starts on the market in Nysa and leads to the Złotogłowice Grove situated away from the town. We start from the Baptistery at the St. Jacob and St. Agnes Basilica, which, after the...

3:00 2.2 km

Trail of Eichendorff

Joseph von Eichendorff, the great German poet of the age of Romanticism, spent the last years of his life in Nysa and was buried here. The trail leads along the path, which, according to the...

Get app