en

Our Lady Help of Christians Church

Nysa , Aleja Wojska Polskiego
It is a branch of the St. Jacob parish in Nysa. It is located in the Złotogłowice grove. Legend has it that on one of the trees in the forest, the inhabitants of the surrounding villages found a painting of the Virgin Mary, which they brought to the church in Złotogłowice. At night, however, the painting mysteriously returned to the forest. Here, in 1745, a little shrine was built, which survived until 1805. The present brick, neo-Gothic church was built in the years 1886-1887. Every year, on the feast of the Assumption, walking pilgrimages of the faithful from all parishes in Nysa arrive here.

Recommended trips

2:00 h 2.0 km

Trail of Jerusalem Measure

The Jerusalem Measure was the way covered by Christ from Pilate’s House to the place of crucifixion. In this case, Pilate’s House was identified with the town hall being a symbol of power....

4:00 h 5.4 km

Trail of of Remembrance and Gratitude

The route starts on the market in Nysa and leads to the Złotogłowice Grove situated away from the town. We start from the Baptistery at the St. Jacob and St. Agnes Basilica, which, after the...

Get app