The first information about the Bishops’ Court appears in 1260. Within the Court, there was also the castle, which in the 16th century served as a residence of the Bishops of Wrocław. In 1615, on the initiative of Charles of Austria, a Baroque reception hall was built, which has been preserved to this day. Soon, it was decided to build a new, more impressive residence for the bishops and in 1620, the Bishops’ Palace was built nearby. In 1824, the castle was demolished. Only the Gothic towers visible from al. Lompy have been preserved. In 1945, the Court burnt down, but was rebuilt soon.