The monastery was built by the Order of the Holy Sepulchre in the years 1708-1713. The monastery was founded on the initiative of Bishop Franz Ludwig von Neuburg. In 1810, the order was dissolved and in the years 1848-1871 a hospital run by the Sisters of Mercy of St. Borromeo was established in the monastery. The northern wing was added at the turn of the 19th and 20th century. Since 1949, the Higher Theological Seminary of Śląsk Opolski was housed there. Currently, the Diocesan House of Formation is seated there.