The Neo-Gothic church was built in 1906, as a part of the monastic complex of the Divine Word Missionaries. The builder of the church was Hermann Fisher. The building was built for the purposes of the theological seminary. The formal consecration was made by Cardinal Adolf Bertman from Wrocław. Since 1941, the church became the main temple of the Holy Cross curacy. The most valuable relics include the richly decorated monstrance, wooden casing around the choir loft and pulpit.