The Museum was established in 1897 and its seat is in the Baroque Bishops’ Palace. It has, inter alia, a rich collection of European painting from the 15th-19th century, as well as a collection of bourgeois and manorial furniture from the 16th-19th century, tin, ceramic and china products. Among the collections, there are also exhibits found during archaeological excavations conducted in the territory of Nysa. In the Museum, we may admire, inter alia, the painting by Lucas Cranach the Elder “Judith with the Head of Holofernes” from the 16th century, the work by Albrecht Dürer “Melancholy” or a glass of St. Hedwig of Silesia from the 11th century. Apart from the permanent exhibition, the Museum also presents temporary exhibitions and also participates actively in the artistic and cultural life of the city.