en

Bishop’s Palace

Nysa , Biskupa Jarosława 11
www.muzeum.nysa.pl
140083806040891
info@muzeum.nysa.pl
tel.: 77 433 20 83

The first stage of the construction of the palace took place in 1620, on the initiative of the Archduke Bishop Charles of Austria. His death and the thirty years’ war have stopped the construction for many years. About 1660, the works were resumed and three wings of the Palace were built, while the fourth was founded on the initiative of Bishop Franz Ludwig von Neuburg and completed in 1729. The implementation of the last stage of development, according to the design by Krzysztof Tausch, isattributed to Michał Klein and Feliks Antoni Hammerschmidt. The Palace served as a residence of the Bishops of Wrocław and since 1881 belonged to the judicial authorities. It is the Baroque building, built on an irregular square plan with an internal courtyard. Currently, it is the seat of the Museum in Nysa.

Recommended trips

1:30 h 772 m

Ornithological path in Nysa

The ornithological path runs along the bank of Nysa Kłodzka and is particularly worth walking due to its natural values and the immediate proximity of the monuments of Nysa. Along the one...

1:30 h 889 m

Nature and Educational Path – Siestrzechowice

The path is located in Siestrzechowice situated a few kilometres away from Nysa and is marked out along the embankment of Lake Nyskie. It is located in the Natura 2000 protected site. Along the...