The post-Jesuit complex - a medieval market square called the Salt Market, which was given a baroque development thanks to the foundations of Wrocław bishops. Charles I of Habsburg is responsible for its present appearance. Already as a child, and he was the youngest of the siblings, he was brought up by the Jesuits. He was destined for the clergy. In 1608 he was elected the bishop of Wrocław. Elected to the Teutonic Grand Master in 1619. His favorite pastime was hunting, and his home was Nysa. In 1622, during the Silesian Wars, he brought the Jesuits to Nysa and began persecuting Protestants. He was the initiator of the establishment of the first Silesian university in Nysa. Thanks to the Jesuits, a complex was created that has survived to this day and is one of the most beautiful places in Nysa. The oldest building on the Salt Market is the St. Anna, which was the seat of Christoph Scheiner, the first rector of the Carolinum in Nysa. In Prussian times, there was a large gunpowder factory in the seminary. A Jesuit church was also built - today of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Formerly a rich church modeled on the Roman "Il Gesu", the mother church of the Jesuits. The polychromes were created by Karol Dankwart himself, known for painting polychromes in the chapel at Jasna Gora. Destroyed during the French siege in 1807. On the façade, there are valuable wooden sculptures depicting Jesuit saints. Carolinum - originally it was supposed to be a university, but the premature death of Bishop Charles Habsburg meant that the relevant documents were not signed. This Jesuit complex educated outstanding figures, incl. Michał Korybut Wiśniowiecki or Jakub Sobieski. This magnificent baroque structure was partially destroyed during the French siege of 1807. The Jesuit college was one of the most important universities in Silesia. To this day, it performs educational functions. Motherhouse of the Sisters Elizabeth - founded by the first Mother General of the Congregation, Maria Luiza Merkert. A classicist building, the corners of which are decorated with figures of St. Michael the Archangel and St. Barbara, was built in the years 1863-1865. This house houses the chapel of St. Families and the Memorial Room of Blessed Maria Luisa Merkert.