„Carolinum” College

Nysa , Jana III Sobieskiego 2
tel.: 77 433 33 31

The Jesuit College was built in the years 1669-1671, founded by Bishop Karol Ferdynand. It was established as a continuation of the St. Anne Seminary destroyed during the thirty years’ war. The construction of the Baroque college is attributed to Peter Schuller. In the years 1722-1725, the gymnasium was built, so was a gateway connecting both buildings. Despite the dissolution of the order in 1773, King Frederick II allowed the Jesuits to stay there. As late as in 1810, the Jesuits left the College as a result of Prussian secularisation. Then, the school was converted into the Royal Catholic gymnasium. In 1924, the College was renamed “Carolinum” in honour of the founder of the St. Anne Seminary – Charles of Austria. Now, it is the seat of the High School No 1 and PWSZ in Nysa.

Recommended trips

3:00 2.2 km

Trail of Eichendorff

Joseph von Eichendorff, the great German poet of the age of Romanticism, spent the last years of his life in Nysa and was buried here. The trail leads along the path, which, according to the...

5:00 4.8 km

Trail of temples of Silesian Rome

Visiting Silesian Rome, as Nysa used to be called in the past, allows us to move back in time and during one day admire the temples built in various architectural styles. Out trip starts on the...

Get app