en

Landmarks

Belfry of St. James

The belfry was built in the years 1474-1516. This is the late-Gothic, four-storey building. From 1516 to 1945, the bells were installed on each storey. The largest, St. Jacob Bell, weighing 8,200 kg...

Fort II

It was built in the years 1865-1866. Initially, it was a temporary fort. It was rebuilt in 1871. Its task was to protect the railway line. It was surrounded by four new caponiers and a dry moat....

Water Fort

Built in 1741 by the Austrians. In 1745, it was converted by the Prussians into the lunette-shaped water fort. In the 1807, the fort was destroyed by the army of Württemberg. Its reconstruction...

Bishops’ Court

The first information about the Bishops’ Court appears in 1260. Within the Court, there was also the castle, which in the 16 th century served as a residence of the Bishops of Wrocław. In 1615, on...

Moravian Bastion

The Moravian Bastion is a part of the line of bastions of high ramparts which also include: Regulicki Bastion, Capuchin Bastion, Chapel Bastion and Ceglarska Gate with two demi-bastions....

Fort Prussia

The fort shaped as a five-pointed star is surrounded by a dry moat. Inside, there is a two-tier dungeon. The fort was built in the years 1743-1745 on the northern bank of Nysa Kłodzka. Its task was...

Fort I

It is the fort having a typical shape of a quadrilateral lunette. Its history dates back to the year 1865. Initially, it was built as a temporary structure, as late as in the years 1871-1873 it was...

Recommended places

Penance cross in Wierzbięcice

Penance crosses were placed by the murderer as a result of the so-called conciliation agreement with the family of the deceased. This custom came to our lands from the west in the Middle Ages and was...

Motherhouse of the Congregation of the Sisters of St. Elisabeth

The Classicist building was built in the years 1863-1865 thanks to the efforts of the foundress of the Congregation, Blessed Maria Merkert. The Motherhouse is located at the Salt Market. The...

Forest reserve "Przyłęk"

It was established in 1952 as the first nature reserve in the Nysa commune and the Opolskie Voivodeship, near the village of Markowice. It covers an area of ​​0.94 ha, although the founding act...