en

Landmarks

Capuchin Monastic Complex

The monastery along with the Capuchin church of St. Francis was built in the 17 th century thanks to the generosity of Bishop Leopold Wilhelm. It was built according to the plans by the...

„Carolinum” College

The Jesuit College was built in the years 1669-1671, founded by Bishop Karol Habsburg. It was established as a continuation of the St. Anne Seminary destroyed during the thirty years’ war. The...

Franciscan Monastic Complex

The monastic complex was built in the years 1902-1911, along with the monastic church. This is the neo-Romanesque building, with the typical features of 19 th -century sacred architecture of the...

Dominican monastery

It was built in the years 1784-1788, along with the St. Dominic Church. The initiator of the construction was Bishop of Wrocław, Philipp Gotthard von Schaffgotsch. The Dominicans managed the...

St. Dominic Church

The church was built between 1784-1788 by order of the Dominicans. The order’s monastery is adjacent to the temple. The construction was initiated by Bishop of Wrocław, Philipp Gotthard von...

Monastery of the Order of the Holy Sepulchre

The monastery was built by the Order of the Holy Sepulchre in the years 1708-1713. The monastery was founded on the initiative of Bishop Franz Ludwig von Neuburg. In 1810, the order was dissolved...

Evangelical Church

The first information about the church appears in 1341. Initially, it served as a chapel at the St. Barbara Hospital. Over the years, the temple has been repeatedly destroyed, but always rebuilt....

Holy Cross Church

The first mentions of the church date back to 1341. Initially, it was a wooden chapel with a hermitage, which was demolished in 1633. In its place, in 1639, a brick church was built. The church is...

Annunciation of Mary Church

The first mentions of a Gothic chapel come from 1372. The foundress of the temple was a widow of a townsman from Nysa. In the 15 th century, it was developed to the size of a small church. In...

St. John the Baptist and St. Nicholas Church

The history of the St. John the Baptist and St. Nicholas Church and parish dates back to the 13 th century. Back then, it was located in the Old Town. In 1663, it was demolished and the...

Recommended places

South Tower

The Southern Tower was a part of the curtain walls from the 14 th century which protected the Bishops’ Court. The Court had its own fortifications, it was also protected by the curtain walls of...

House of Orphans

The boy orphans’ dormitory (the orphanage and school for boys) to 1946. Rebuilt Chapel of St. Anna Samotrzec, founded by Bishop John V Thurzon. Preserved: portal and founding boards.  

St. Hedwig Bastion

The first fortifications in Nysa were built in the 16 th century according to the design by Johanes Shneider from Lindau. In the year 1643, the fortifications were rebuilt according to the rules...