en

Landmarks

Weigh House

The Weigh House, founded by Bishop Jan Sitsch, was built in 1602-1604. It was the seat of the Administrative Board of the Episcopal Duchy, as well as the chamber of weights and measures. In the...

Beautiful Well

It was established in 1686, founded by the Mayor of Nysa, Kaspar Naas. The Baroquewrought grille is the work by the then supervisor of the arsenal and the mint, Wilhelm Helleweg. It was to protect...

St. Hedwig Bastion

The first fortifications in Nysa were built in the 16 th century according to the design by Johanes Shneider from Lindau. In the year 1643, the fortifications were rebuilt according to the rules...

Triton Fountain

Carved in Sławniowice marble in the years 1700-1701 by an unknown author. It is the work of the late Baroque, inspired by the Roman fountain by Bernini. On the pedestal, there is the coat of arms...

Wrocławska Gate

The gate tower, which was a part of the city fortifications from the 14 th century, is 33 metres high. It is a Gothic, two-storey building. In the 17 th century, it was added a Renaissance attic...

St. Jacob the Apostle and St. Agnes, Virgin and Martyr Basilica Church

The first brick St. Jacob Church was built in 1198, and founded and consecrated by Bishop of Wrocław, Jarosław Piast. Initially, the church was built in the Romanesque style, as evidenced by the...

Our Lady of Sorrow Church

The Neo-Gothic church was built in 1906, as a part of the monastic complex of the Divine Word Missionaries. The builder of the church was Hermann Fisher. The building was built for the purposes of...

St. Peter and Paul Church

The church was built by the order of the Holy Sepulchre in the years 1720-1727, according to the design by Michał Klein. The temple is built in the Baroque style, it is also oriented. The interiors...

Assumption of Mary Church

The church was built in the years 1688-1692, originally as a Jesuit church, was designed by Andreo Quadro and founded by Bishop of Wrocław, Karol Ferdynand Waza. The temple in the Baroque style is...

The penitential cross in Radzikowice next to the church

Penance crosses were placed by the murderer as a result of the so-called conciliation agreement with the family of the deceased. This custom came to our lands from the west in the Middle Ages and was...

Recommended places

City Hospital – Emergency Department

The Blessed Maria Merkert City Hospital was built in 1908 according to the design by the architect from Wrocław, Wahlich. The Emergency Department is located in the Building A. This department is...

Bishop’s Palace

The first stage of the construction of the palace took place in 1620, on the initiative of the Archduke Bishop Charles of Austria. His death and the thirty years’ war have stopped the...

Bishops’ Court

The first information about the Bishops’ Court appears in 1260. Within the Court, there was also the castle, which in the 16 th century served as a residence of the Bishops of Wrocław. In 1615, on...