en

Landmarks

Motherhouse of the Congregation of the Sisters of St. Elisabeth

The Classicist building was built in the years 1863-1865 thanks to the efforts of the foundress of the Congregation, Blessed Maria Merkert. The Motherhouse is located at the Salt Market. The...

Former St. Anne Seminary

The building was built in the years 1656-1657 and the works were supervised by Melchior Werner. Developed in the 18 th century. In the years 1810-1851, a factory of arms was located here. The...

House of Orphans

The boy orphans’ dormitory (the orphanage and school for boys) to 1946. Rebuilt Chapel of St. Anna Samotrzec, founded by Bishop John V Thurzon. Preserved: portal and founding boards.  

Commandant’s House

The Baroque building was built in the first half of the 18 th century. Between 1743 and 1873, it was the seat of the Prussian headquarters of the Nysa stronghold. In the years 1915-1945, there was...

Canons’ residence

The building from the 16 th century is currently the seat of a bank. Since 1650, this building housed the seat of the collegiate chapter of Nysa. The late-Renaissance house has been renovated.

Bishop’s Palace

The first stage of the construction of the palace took place in 1620, on the initiative of the Archduke Bishop Charles of Austria. His death and the thirty years’ war have stopped the...

Ziębice Tower

The gate tower, which was a part of the city fortifications from the 14 th century. It was built in 1350 in the Gothic style. This is a four-storey brick building. It was elevated in the 16 th ...

South Tower

The Southern Tower was a part of the curtain walls from the 14 th century which protected the Bishops’ Court. The Court had its own fortifications, it was also protected by the curtain walls of...

Curtain walls

The curtain walls were built on the initiative of Bishop Przecław of Pogorzela in the mid-14 th century. They surrounded the area of the New Town. They included twenty-eight towers and four gate...

Recommended places

Penance cross in Radzikowice

Penance crosses were placed by the murderer as a result of the so-called conciliation agreement with the family of the deceased. This custom came to our lands from the west in the Middle Ages and was...

Commandant’s House

The Baroque building was built in the first half of the 18 th century. Between 1743 and 1873, it was the seat of the Prussian headquarters of the Nysa stronghold. In the years 1915-1945, there was...

Social Welfare Center in Nysa

The Benefit Team - performs social welfare tasks belonging to the commune's own tasks and tasks commissioned in the field of government administration specified in the Act of 12 March 2004 on social...

Town hall

Town Hall - the first town hall was built in the 14th century. It was expanded a century later. In its history, it was often damaged, e.g. in 1590 due to an earthquake. After the city was seized by...